I spend a lot of online time in communities of autistic people and, this being the holiday season, lately there have been a few people in crisis posting to the forums. As an Aspergian I always hesitate to respond to someone depressed because…well, we’re known for being socially inappropriate, right? Every time we open our mouth, a friendship is on the line and that’s tough enough. But when it is someone’s mental state or their life on the line, the stakes are a bit higher and I become paralyzed with fear that I’ll say the wrong thing and make the situation worse.
- An autistic rules the world (and vice-versa) March 6, 2017
- Welcome to the Grand Delusion June 24, 2016
- Why I do this April 26, 2016
- Panic room February 20, 2016
- All that in 5 seconds? February 14, 2016
- Who am us anyway? November 8, 2015
- Can I just be a functioning autistic? November 3, 2015
- I hope it’s casual day October 19, 2015
- Open Letter to Facebook’s Monika Bickert and Justin Osofsky October 5, 2015
- Out of my Gourd! May 17, 2015
Follow Blog via Email
Where in the world is T.Rob?